Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Friday, May 13, 2011

Flashback Friday

This is my grandpa. I found his picture and thought I would tell a little of his story cause it's worth telling. This is the man that my baby Jesse is named after and I couldn't be prouder about it.
Grandpa was about 8-10 years old when he got sick of the lies his stepfather was telling his mother about him so he struck out on his own and walked from Salt Lake to Provo. He ended up living with an aunt and uncle. His uncle didn't treat him as kindly as his own sons and told him the reason he didn't was because my grandpa didn't have a father. He worked very hard on his uncle's farm from sun up til sun down, minus the few hours in school. He would study his homework late into the night after his work on the farm was done. He made it to 8th grade before quitting to work full time on the farm.

He married my grandma at the age of 28 and had a beautiful, dark haired baby girl (my mom) at the age of 30. He was a police officer for Provo City for 17 years and the Chief of police for Provo City for another 17 years. Him and my grandma served a mission to Auckland, New Zealand and later worked at the Provo temple.

Grandpa never made excuses about his childhood; he decided, rather, to make lemonade out of lemons. I am proud of both sets of my wonderful grandparents!


3 comments:

JACK!E said...

oh my heck, make me get all teary eyed. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rach.. for the beautiful tribute to dad. He was a wonderful example to all, of sacrifice, hard work and dedication to his family, job and to God. Little Jesse has a great heritage to follow.

Love, Mom

Cammy Patton said...

Sounds like a great man. I love hearing about people's heritage - thanks for sharing.