Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013

So ya'll know I can't stand my kids going around begging for treats.....Yes I am a Halloween Scrooge.
Anyhow, we survived another year of the candy scrounging.
We had a homeschool trunk or treat, a ward trunk or treat and Halloween itself. We trick or treated three blocks to my grandma's rest home and trick or treated there, as well as chatted with my grandma for about 10 minutes. Then we trick or treated on home. I loved having my kids wait patiently for the shaky hands of the elderly to drop a treat in their bag. It was a good experience all around. But you know me.....glad it's over!!
Thank you Gavin and Oakley for sharing your Batman costume!




I think Gracie fits into this old 4-6x Cinderella costume rather nicely! ;-)

Gracie in the middle of telling me "Stop!" She was very embarrassed by my picture taking in broad daylight.





My sweet grandma. I met a lady at church today that has her husband in the bishopric over the rest home.
She says everyone just loves Grandma.


Mom says "YAY we're home!"


1 comment:

JACK!E said...

Love the costumes! How awesome to go trick or treating at grandma's rest home. Only your kids are well behaved enough to do something like that! ...or maybe it's only my kids that aren't!!