Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Shopaholics Anon.



I have already successfully completed a course in blogaholics anon, and even though it doesn't seem like it I DO spend less time blogging. Now it is time to send myself through a shopaholics anonymous course. Over the past week I have had a heart to heart with myself, and decided that indeed I shop online TOO MUCH. Since Ryan got a major raise at work I have, little by little, started piddling money away online. It's almost like eating a chocolate chip cookie (or in my case 10). It feels so great doing it, but after it's that yucky feeling in the pit of your stomach. Anyway, I love going through Old Navy etc.... and finding all the awesome deals, so I decided I will still allow myself to do that; on one condition, when I figure out the grand total of my purchases I will add that money to our van payment, to get that paid down sooner, instead of buying my finds. I already added $39.50 this morning. I was all set to buy a few things this morning, and had them in my cart for a few days, but decided to implement my plan. It felt GREAT to do something productive with that money. I read (in Parents) about a group of women online that get kicks out of paying down debt. They chat back and forth with each other about it, and encourage each other. I thought that was cool! I will have to update my blog in a month and let ya'll know how much money I have rerouted so far. Before you think I am full of will power I will just say last, but not least, I will not give up my obsession with Bajio--which already takes too much of our money. Poor Ryan. Last time we were there he's all "Aren't you getting sick of Bajio?" H#@% NO I'm not! I love it!

The pics are some of the items I "sacrificed" on my debt altar!

2 comments:

JACK!E said...

I am an addict too. I always get the great feeling after buying something. I haven't experienced the yucky feeling yet. Maybe that is a bad thing for me...and my bank account! You should set aside a month or two in the spring and fall when everything is on sale that you can be allowed to buy stuff because it could save you a lot of $ if you aren't buying clothes full price, and only when you need them.

The Shepherds said...

Yea, that is good advice. I am gonna try and stick to spring and fall.