| Ingredients: 1/2 cup each chopped carrot, celery and onion 1/8 tsp each dried basil, oregano and thyme 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 can (19 oz) ready-to-serve tomato basil or hearty tomato soup 1 cup chicken broth 1/3 cup uncooked acini de pepe or orzo pasta (I used a.d.p) Directions: In a small saucepan, saute the carrot, celery and onion with basil, oregano and thyme in oil for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add soup and broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender. Simple and low fat! Unless of course you have it as a side dish to say a quesadilla dripping with cheese grease! Not that I ever have ;-) |
Quotable Quote
" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis
Monday, September 15, 2008
Tomato-Basil Orzo Soup
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Rachel- remmber me? Keri Scoresby! Trudy told me she found your blog....I love it. Your fam is darling! Feel free to check out our family blog. thescoresbyscoop.blogspot.com
Hi just got your post--did you remember that my kids are all adopted. Thats why Megs is a little darker--but she is so darn cute. Your kids are darling. If you go to my blog again, under my family-you can click on Barbs Blurbs and check her out. I know she would love to hear from you. She is in SLC now. I hope you dont mind if I check out your blog often. Good to hear from you.
Post a Comment