Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Monday, October 13, 2008

Pi Mi 5k

OK I stole this pic off of Annika's blog so now I have proof I was there.
Do you like my nice abs? How about the sleek toned thighs? Or what about the nice tan?! Dang I look good!


Ok, Ok.....so it's not me. I don't have a picture to put up so I thought I would put on a fantasy one instead.


I ran the PI MI 5k race with my friend Annika on Saturday up Provo Canyon. It was snowing before we started but didn't rain or snow on us while we raced. We got a free 10 minute massage after, which was nice. The massuse (spellcheck says that's right...surprise) said that my back was really tense and had a lot of knots in it. I told her I had three little kids.....period! She said that must be the culprit. Anyway I finished in 31:46. I shaved 11 minutes off of my time since Sept 6th when I ran the other one. WOOHOO! I was feeling it in my thighs yesterday. Anyway the proceeds went to helping poor people in Utah county obtain health care.













5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are good me and Kelsey are going to try starting tomorrow to not eat out for a month. Thats are life and MCDonalds is doing the Monopoly game and Panda without oh my. But just staying away from reg pop I feel better. I well report when we blow it LOl....Annie

The Shepherds said...

If it makes you feel any better, me and food still have, shall I say, issues? Not pretty. I did notice that Ry and I spent way more on out to eat then normal this month. We used to rarely go out. It's usually me and the kids when Ry is at work heading to McD's or Bajio. ARGH.

JACK!E said...

Wow, good for you! Nice improvement! I haven't figured it out for a long time but I know Gary and I used spend more on going out than we do on actual groceries. That is so disgusting. I do like going out, and we go to a lot of restaraunts, but it is mostly a time issue. It is nice to pull up somewhere and have food within 5 mins rather than trying to cook something. I don't have enough time in my day for a lot of things I would like to do. I actually really love to cook. I can be really good with pop though~when I want to be, I couldn't tell you when the last time was I had carbonation.

The Shepherds said...

I can understand the time thing for you guys.

Yea pop isn't my problem either. I have never been a big pop fan. Or an ice cream fan. I think I just eat too much of normal food. Oh and chocolate.

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel any better, Rachel, you have bigger boobs than the fantasy marathon runner. Lol.