Wanted: Somebody that doesn't whine and makes sense. Period!
This was the conversation that woke me up at 6 am.
Gracie: Mom this is what Ava said to me, "Neener neener neener you are stupid!"
Mom: Ava I hope you didn't say something rude like that.
Ava: Well there was this snake on the porch....and it was....um.....
Mom: Ava why would you say something like that?
Ava: Becwas (not because...it's always becwas) well....the snake didn't bite me.
Gracie: So I just said "Come on teddy let's go tell mom!"
I feel like I have 20 conversations like this every day. Gracie getting her feelings hurt and Ava totally not caring and making up bizarre stories to side step her behavior.
Adult conversation anyone?.......ANYONE?
Quotable Quote
" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That was funny! Its probably just
a phase Ava is going through. That's the joy of being a mom...
each kid is SO DIFFERENT, that by the time you figure them out, they
are grown and gone. The problem is
keeping your sanity in the meantime. You can forget the adult
conversation. That happens only
occasionally. Hang in there, it does eventually get better....SAS
For us it was always the first one out to the car to tattle feels like they one. Our poor parents probably never wanted to come home.
I love that Ava made up the snake story (I hope there wasn't a real snake. Those are creepy). And it's cute that Gracie said, "Come on teddy, lets go tell".
I hope it gets easier and you get some sleep sometime soon...just wait until Breck is old enough to give them both a run for their money. They'll learn that sisters aren't so bad compared to a brother that chases you around holding a worm!
That is so funny! Rachel, you have such cute kids. What a beautiful family. I found your blog on Ashley's (Jensen). You look great and it was so fun to look through your blog! take care!
TerriLyn (Herrin) Hill
All I can say is, LOL. I love it!
Post a Comment