When I was a kid my dad would chop up squash and vegetables that weren't being used and feed them to our cows. The huge butcher knife he used scared me but I loved to watch the cows chow down on the squash long after my dad had moved onto another project. Sounds silly, but that is one of a long list of fond memories I have growing up on a small hobby farm. We have a few farms like that around here too. The kids love to gather the veggies we aren't keeping up with (too many I hate to admit) and go feed the goats, 2 cows, and 1 horse. Not sure what's up with Ava's paint smock. I think she was trying to keep the cow and goat slobber at bay. 
Quotable Quote
" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How cute I was just thinking about that knife the other day when Dad was here helping me clean out the garden for the year and the corn stalks he used to cut for the cows and to watch them eat them so cool and he asked me for a knife and I came up with a dumb one the other day to help oh how wonderful it would be to be on that farm and let the grandkids see all those neat things
Post a Comment