We are finally adopting after years of having it on the table. We have chosen a 5-year-old little boy from Hunan, China. He is 5 months older than Breck, born on July 21, 2007. He has some special needs, right eye ptosis (lazy eye), and 3 fingers on each hand. We are very excited to finally be pursuing his adoption and look forward to sharing this journey with our family and friends.
I am unable to publicly share a blog about him at this time BUT I have set up a private blog where you can see pictures and find out more about our little guy. You do need a blogger account to sign in. If you don't have one they are easy to create. Please if you are interested give me your blogger email address so I can add you to the list. If you aren't comfortable leaving it in the comments you can email me at rachelshphrd@yahoo.com If you set up a blog account I'm pretty sure you can just use your regular email address as your blogger email address.
Don't forget to vote on the two polls I have set up on the side of the blog! You can find the blog by clicking here.
Quotable Quote
" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis
Saturday, December 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
you are so special beaud and ryan is amazing too to let you follow your lifetime dreams
rach, I think you are just the most wonderful thing. I heard about this and am soo happy for you. and for me. :) tehe. kassme001@gmail.com
That is so exciting! Congratulations! camlaka@yahoo.com
Also - I totally need your guys' address so we can get you on our Christmas card list :)
Rachel this is so cool that you get to have this opportunity with your best friend. I am excited for you stormijensen@gmail.com
I am SO HAPPY for Rach, Ry and family. Rachel has always been one to help a family at Christmas, that is poor, to help Santa make the children happy. This little guy is so blessed to be coming into this special family. We will all love him as our own. Rach, I am so proud of you as my daughter.
Love, Mom
Thank you mom. You have always been such a big support (although I know you'll never read this I still wanted you to know)! Thanks everyone!!!
can't wait to meet him! my boys are gonna love him! you know my email address.
Post a Comment