I promised I wouldn't write today. I have to teach YW's tomorrow in front of the whole YW's group, and I should really be honing that lesson up.
Ava came upstairs naked and plopped on my computer chair to watch her video on my blog for the millionth time.
Mom: "Ava where are your jammas?"
Ava: "I pooped"
Mom: "WHAT?" As I simultaneously throw Ava off the chair to reveal her huge skid marks!!!
Mom: "Don't move"
I will spare you the ranting and raving that went on after that. Let's just say that I went down stairs trying to find her loaded diaper and instead found an unloaded diaper and a log on my floor!!! I was under the impression that I gave birth to a little girl 2 1/2 years ago, but I am beginning to believe it was an animal! I then loaded the kids in the van (no small feat) to go to the post office to pick up my mail (which is a whole other story in and of itself, but I won't go there considering my family founded the P.O); Gracie and Ava wanted to go in with me and I told them no since I parked right by the front door and it would take two seconds. On my way in I read a sign that said "No dogs allowed except for those assisting the blind or disabled." I had to laugh. I guess I had good reason for leaving Ava out in the car! The joys of motherhood! I am going to look at the positive side and think that this is a sign that she is ready to toilet train. She has already went in the potty several times so I better get going on it!
Quotable Quote
" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm sorry! I hate when Gavin leaks left poo on my furniture. That is probably sure to come though. I'm not looking forward to it. Good luck with your lesson. You know if you are blogging all day instead of preparing you will get up there and say, "...and stuff." Lol!
What happened to that second sentence? I meant to say, I hate when Gavin's diaper leaks but luckily he has never left poo on my furniture.
I read through that sentence like 5 times. Finally I'm just like "Ok she meant to say something else. That doesn't make sense!"
What, the 'dog' doesn't get a slideshow page element?
LOL! I seriously imputed every picture and ERASED it at the last minute on accident! I had a headache by then so I just shut the computer off for the night.
Post a Comment