Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Our Groundbreaking


WOOHOO! Our yard has finally had some attention paid to it! We have been in here 17 months and we have managed to put up a rock wall and plant grass in the front BUT the back yard really hasn't had any attention until the other day. We actually took all the huge nasty rocks, or should I say boulders, from our front yard and put them in the back so it looked even worse. On Monday night Ryan's bro-in-law Mark came out with his track hoe and dump truck. He scraped off FIVE loads full of nasty rocks and dirt! He is going to bring in topsoil soon and then we will buy sod. We will actually be able to swim out there this year and plant a garden....YEAH! Mark brought his son Cameron along. He is four and Gracie loves to play with her cousins. Ava was in bed, but Gracie had a good old time with Cameron. He is SO cute, and I took some pics but I don't feel like I should put them up without permission. Anyway we are really grateful to Mark (and Jodie) for all their help!

2 comments:

JACK!E said...

I always think about the house we backed out on building and wish we hadn't of until...I think about putting a yard in! How scary! That is the one, and very big, bad thing about getting into a brand new house.

The Shepherds said...

It BITES! I guess one good thing is everything is exactly the way you want it when you get done.