The reason I say "fever" is because while Ryan and Jackie were making tamales I was burning up! I had the AC on and the window open! All that tamale steaming was too much for me! We had a good time chit chatting over the loooooooong drawn out process of making tamales. I think Gracie's face says it all! lol! Ryan finally got done steaming the last of the tamales about 36 hours after we got started....no kidding! But oh how yummy they are! I will NEVER admit how many I have already had at this point. Ryan knows my weakness and took the majority out to the deep freeze! :-) I think Jackie and I should go in half on a big steamer like they have in restaurants. It would cut the process time in half or more. Kelsey came out too and we had a good time teasing her. I pulled Kelsey and the girls around the block in our red wagon. For those of you who don't know Kelsey she is 15 so they looked hilarious crammed into that wagon! I could hardly breathe by the time I was done! We had conference on the whole time BUT we may have to get the full message from the Ensign; we were talking so much! Anyway we really had a good time and I think it is a fun tradition!
Quotable Quote
" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Tamale Fever
The reason I say "fever" is because while Ryan and Jackie were making tamales I was burning up! I had the AC on and the window open! All that tamale steaming was too much for me! We had a good time chit chatting over the loooooooong drawn out process of making tamales. I think Gracie's face says it all! lol! Ryan finally got done steaming the last of the tamales about 36 hours after we got started....no kidding! But oh how yummy they are! I will NEVER admit how many I have already had at this point. Ryan knows my weakness and took the majority out to the deep freeze! :-) I think Jackie and I should go in half on a big steamer like they have in restaurants. It would cut the process time in half or more. Kelsey came out too and we had a good time teasing her. I pulled Kelsey and the girls around the block in our red wagon. For those of you who don't know Kelsey she is 15 so they looked hilarious crammed into that wagon! I could hardly breathe by the time I was done! We had conference on the whole time BUT we may have to get the full message from the Ensign; we were talking so much! Anyway we really had a good time and I think it is a fun tradition!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We really should go in on that steamer. I think it would be a good investment for next year. Can you believe that is the 3rd year in a row?! Time goes too fast when you get old.
I'm serious. I am saving money from our next tax return! Time does go by fast. I am TWENTY SIX! Can you believe that?
Post a Comment