
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
1. Having alone time with each child. We try and set aside a couple days a month where we spend one on one time with each kid. Just Ava and I getting ice cream or just Gracie and daddy going swimming. I love this time with my kids. I think it will prove to be a really important part of our relationship when they get older.
2. Watching them sleep.
3. When I get unexpected hugs and kisses for no particular reason.
4. When they listen the first time. That way I don't end up being the big bad wolf and making good on my threats. :-)
5. Listening to them laughing together.
6. Cherishing baby features (clenched hands, chubby cheeks, bowed legs, soft skin etc..)
7. Finding sales on cute clothes or items I know they will look adorable in.
8. When we get into "deep" conversations about God or just the world in general. Or when Gracie makes comments like "When I say the prayer I think about President Hinckley."
9. When Kiddie's or P.I captures their true personality. I.E Ava sticking her tongue out etc....
10. Staying home with them each day as they fight, learn, whine, spit, dance, swim, yell, run and just enjoy time together.
I repeat this phrase to myself everyday "Treasure Each Moment" I don't want life to pass us by too quickly and realize that the saying is true "Life is what happens when we are busy making other plans". I hope I can enjoy my kids while they are young and not always hoping that they "hurry and grow up" so I can get on with "life". This is my "life" and I LOVE IT!
6 comments:
oh how special make me get tears. I remember Dad didnt want to go on one of the daddy daughter dates so we went to kfc it was cool that i got to have a whole little dinner box to myself...Annie
"Treasure Every Moment," exactly!
Being number nine I don't exactly remember a trip to KFC. By that time he had relented to daddy-daughter dates and I do remember being at a daddy-daughter dinner and being proud of my Dad, and glad we were there together!
Hey, where's Breck in that pic?
Lol! In his nap as usual! My Happy Mother's Day sign was taken off Photo Bucket so I had to pick something else.
It is so true that they grow up
in such a short time. Write down
the cute things they say and save
"a few" of the cute things they
make. Otherwise,when you have 9
kids you will end up with a truck
load of papers.Love you.
Mom
Post a Comment