Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Monday, May 5, 2008

Now I'm Raising A Plant!

A couple posts ago I was raising a dog, now I am raising a plant! I took the kids to McD's to play and when we got home Breck was tired. I decided to let the girls play in the garage while I put him to bed. I always leave the door going from the house to the garage open and I can hear them out there playing. They have played in there a few times without incident. They just ride their bikes in a circle and bounce their balls. Anyway I checked on them once right at first and they were fine. I normally WOULD NOT check on them again, especially with how tired Breck was. I KNOW that the Holy Ghost told me to go check on them again. So I left Breck on the bed crying, and ran out there (just in case). Ava was DRINKING MIRACLE GRO! I am not even kidding! I FREAKED! I dragged her in the house. Scared her to death! She was crying. I have always had poison control memorized, but in the heat of the moment I couldn't remember it exactly so I called 911. I got the number to poison control (1-800-222-1222 for future reference) and called. He said "What is the active ingredient?" I couldn't find it on the label, but he said normally it isn't a big deal. If the active ingredients have nitrates or something like that in them then it can take oxygen out of the blood; so "if she starts turning blue within an hour then call back!" HELLO!?! She hasn't turned blue yet so that is good! Let's just say I learned my lesson. My mom always tells me not to turn your back on your kids for one minute. I am actually pretty good at that BUT I have a lot to learn I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Heck that is so scarey. I cant believe kids sometimes. Please dont think your to busy for another one lol...Annie

The Shepherds said...

Ryan says "We are!" We'll have more and he knows it!

JACK!E said...

Oh my goodness! That is freaky! I had my first moment with Gavin like that last week. I thought he would be ok for a few minutes in his highchair by himself. I knew I shouldn't have given him those little fish things because they don't dissolve very well and he isn't the greatest chewer yet. I heard him making this weird noise so I went up there and he was all red and had his mouth open, trying to cough. I was so scared. My heart beat so fast as I yanked him out of his highchair wondering if I knew how to do the himelick(I know that isn't how you spell it lol) but he was fine. It scared me to death!

The Shepherds said...

That is so scary! I have wanted to go to a cpr/heimlich (sp?) class for a long time. With three little kids I really think it would be a responsible thing to do. Especially with the way Ava inhales food!