Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Suzie Sewmaker

This is my latest hobby that is taking me away from my homework. I keep conveniently finding things that take my time, and therefore don't allow me to do as much schooling as I should. My mom bought me that little sewing machine a couple years ago. I haven't the faintest idea how to sew, but my first skirt didn't turn out too bad! Don't look close!!!! I had to blur out my messy kitchen table. This is a Strawberry Shortcake print from Walmart--cheap quality material. I buy from a place out here that is much nicer quality and steeper prices too. I went to Kassie's a few days ago and we succeeded in making 3/4 of a dress for Gracie in about 4 hours. We made peanut butter cups too, so that took some of our time. I am determined to learn the basics, because I figure I can make a skirt for about 25% of the price I was paying online---or less.

3 comments:

JACK!E said...

Cute! I'll have to do some when I have Lexi. :D

The Shepherds said...

Lexi will be too cute, just like Gav.

Anonymous said...

If your mom had taken the time
to teach you to sew, you could
whip up some skirts in no time.
She probably gave up when it came
to #9.

Sas