Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

We Think It's Summer!

We think it's Summer at our house! My kids have been cooped up for so long that I decided we should FINALLY buy a pool. Our grass is pretty solid now, but still has a ton of crab grass and stuff in it. Needless to say they were freezing even after I tried to haul a ton of hot water out from the house. It is always pretty windy out here so that doesn't help. I mainly did this video for Annie, cause I figured she misses sitting out on the lawn chair watching them swim. You too mom! Breck kept pulling on the camera cord, and on my computer the video keeps pausing a bit. Ava wore her swimsuit in the tub last night so it was in the wash, and I could only find one clean towel in the whole house--hence my jacket on Ava. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh there so cute. That is a nice pool they were having lots of fun. Cute haircut on Ava..Annie

JACK!E said...

You really do have the cutest kids. I can't wait to have a girl! Once in awhile I buy random stuff at the store for 'Lexi' so she better come to our family sometime. I bought more tonight. Lol. I want to buy a pool for Gavin but I don't think he will care about it until next summer so maybe I'll hold off. How old were the girls when they started thinking swimming was neat?

The Shepherds said...

Thanks for the compliments you two! Coa I am putting Breck in stuff that I bought when Ry and I were first married. I bought boy and girl clothes when I saw them on sale and LUCKILY I have had both. A woman in my ward is having her fourth boy in a few weeks (no girls) but I am still holding out hope that you will have Lexi. I think it's not really fun for kids to swim until they can get really good on their feet and start running around. At least my kids.

Anonymous said...

Swimming already? I must ask the
golden question. "Was it 80 degrees
or above?" Just a reminder from
the past. lol

Mom

The Shepherds said...

I thought of "80 degrees". It wasn't 80. I was probably just rebelling! lol!