Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bad Idea..



OK, before you guys think I am off my "good idea" kick let me just say, this was NOT my idea by any stretch of the imagination. Guys have this thing built into them called E.G.O. It's a very interesting thing...lol! Anyway Ryan has bugged me about a motorcycle off and on for at least five years. Well since gas prices are rising he decided he was justified in purchasing one. Of course he had to get a brand new one. He saw a used one in Price, but I didn't want him to make the trip, so he went to a place out here and bought one. He is flying on cloud 9 right now! He's all "One of my dreams has come true." I'm all "When is one of my dreams gonna come true?" Really my dreams are much smaller, and came true last night. Ryan and I played with Breck on the front lawn after the girls went to bed. After I put Breck to bed we sat around and ate chips and dip (again), and I read Escape to Ryan while he laid his head in my lap. See how simple my mind is. I am easily pleased. Men are extravagant. In his defense, he doesn't have the big truck he wants, the four wheelers, or the $10,000 moose hunt in Alaska, so I guess I will let him have his fun. We have to meet with a member of the stake pres. tonight (I'm sure that will be another post), but he thinks I am riding there on his new bike with a skirt on....oh my!! I told Ryan he better up his life insurance policy. I said it 1/2 jokingly, 1/2 not. I think they are dangerous, especially because there are a ton of elk and deer on the way to Ryan's work.
p.s Escape is the book about a woman that fled the FLDS. It is a GREAT book. Dana gave me it and said I could loan it out to whomever. She is always sweet like that.

6 comments:

JACK!E said...

Tell Ryan congrats. I can't believe you let him get that! Make sure he wears a helmet! Dana is the best!-she gave me a copy of ESCAPE too and I really can't put it down!!! I read it every second I can. I even put off going to bed when I get home so I can stay up and read. It is soooo good!

The Shepherds said...

He will have to let you and Gary take it on a date while we watch Gav. Escape is very eye opening. Ryan tries to get me to read it to him every chance we get. I feel really blessed after reading that.

Wyatt and Nikki said...

I'm not going to tell Wyatt!!! He will be so jealous..and Gavyn will wont a ride also!! I'm so happpy for you guys...it's nice when you can start buying fun things!!

Anonymous said...

I got to read that book I forgot about it cause I didnt feel good but I well stay up and read tonight...Annie
PS Nice bike

The Shepherds said...

You will LOVE that book!

Jessica said...

Your girls' faces are so dang cute! Looks like they love their daddy