Quotable Quote
" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Assistant Ward Clerk
Well Ryan and I did end up riding to the Stake Center on the new beast! LOL! It was actually comical and fun. Our neighbor came over and sat with the kids (who were all in bed) while we went. As silly as it seems it was like a mini date for us, because we never get out alone. We have only had the kids babysat once out here, and took Breck with us. Anyway, we got there and had to wait through a bunch of temple recommend interviews even though we had an appt. To make a long story short they called Ryan to be the assistant ward clerk. With his work schedule he can't always go to church, but he will do most of the work on our home computer during the week. I really love the man that called him. He seems like an apostle. He said about three times in different ways that this job was just preparing Ryan for things to come. I won't give that comment too much weight, but I thought it was interesting. This is the first calling Ryan has had since his mission. His work schedule has always been crazy. I have had 5 callings since our marriage, and I know every single one was a call from the Lord. It is amazing how He times things just right, and knows exactly what we can handle at what times. God has always helped me so much in my callings, and I'm assuming Ryan will be blessed in the same way. He loves the men in our bishopric so this should be a treat for him to rub shoulders with them. We took the "long way" home, and I think Ryan thought he was so cool with his biker babe on the back. You know how guys are................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cool, how did you manage it while wearing Sunday dress? I would have wanted to see you guys. Lol!
Very carefully! You would have laughed your butt off to see us! I kept thinking my garments were hanging out, but they weren't. I got off the bike on the wrong side and burnt my leg. Never do that again. It was fun though! I think motorcycles are dangerous, but fun. A couple in our ward (older couple with all their kids raised, of course)ride up to PC once a week on their bike and have dinner. I think that would be FUN!
Oh wow that is so cool I love it...Annie
Post a Comment