Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Adopt A Canyon...No Brainer F.H.E Idea

We decided to go up the canyon and have a F.H.E on keeping Heavenly Father's earth clean. I took a pic with me of the earth, and the animals, and basically asked the girls what it was and who created it. Then we told them we should try and keep the earth clean for Heavenly Father. I busted out my rubber gloves and Walmart sack and they went to town picking up garbage around the camp site. We topped it off with ice cream, and a bath afterward. Simple, but I think we got a good message across, and enjoyed time as a family. I didn't appreciate all the flies, and Ryan didn't appreciate the used tampon he came across...ha ha....but other than that a good time was had by all! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you are such a great mother what a cute fhe idea....Annie

Jessica said...

That's a great idea! I think I might use that one day. I'm sure Zack would complain, he's already a teenager somedays. :) I was laughing my head off about the used tampon.. that is totally disgusting! Sick, can't believe someone would do that.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what Ryan found.

Anonymous said...

You kids make me wish I had taken
time to do more with my kids to
create memories.

Sas