Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Reptile Expo

We bought a book at D.I a few weeks ago that looked brand new for only .50 cents. It was called 'Reptiles'. It just has a lot of fun facts, and pictures of reptiles. Well my kids think it is the greatest thing. Gracie loves the "snapping turtle." So I heard that the Reptile Expo was at the SL fair grounds and decided we had to go. Ryan was hunting so it was quite a job hauling three kids there by myself. We did find the snapping turtle for Gracie. After we'd had enough of the nasty reptiles we went down the street and ate at the Red Iguana. I have wanted to go there for awhile, and figured since it was named after a reptile, today would be a good day. It is a Mexican restaurant. Pretty good, but not great. The pic is Gracie cutting up tortilla chips with a knife. What we won't do while waiting for our food?

I decided to Scrapblog the rest of the pics, nothing fancy for sure. I hope you can actually read the text on the pages.

2 comments:

JACK!E said...

I can't believe you went! Yikes! After seeing creepy things like that I just 'feel' them crawling all over me for the rest of the night. Ewwww! And I think reptiles stink. I have wanted to go to that restaurant for forever-or are there 2 of them. The one I heard about being SO good is called the Blue Iguana.

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mom to give
your kids all these different experiences in life. The memories
are what they will keep forever.

Love, mom