Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another F.H.E Idea

I thought I would post another little F.H.E we did. If I have one that I think is even remotely a good idea I will post it just so if someone else out there needs an idea they can use it.

Song: I'm trying to be like Jesus.
Lesson: Read the Good Samaritan book and talk about nice things we have done or could do for others.
Activity: Draw our own interpretation of the story in shaving cream.
Dessert: Kool Aid* See bottom.

Things I would have done differently:

-Included Ryan instead of letting him run around like a chicken with his head cut off getting ready for Vegas.

-Left the bibs in their drawer. They "meaning Ava" managed to get shaving cream on the couch, her pants, the carpet....everywhere BUT her bib.

*-Taken the time to make a dessert with the kids instead of telling them the Kool Aid was dessert. Of course with small kids you can get away with that. If I had planned ahead better we would've made cookies together and taken them to a neighbor we don't know very well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow thats cool Your brave not to have them at the table. Im afraid of red punch or anything by my couches or carpet so I never bought any or tried not too. Ty man spilled pop on my couch downstairs Dana says thats why she buys diet cause its not stickey. So we all have our own ideas. I love the shaving cream idea.....

Anonymous said...

Can you see me letting my kids do
that when they were little!! Sadly,no. You are a great mom.

Sas