Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bavarian Meatballs

On our way to a playdate yesterday, as I was mindlessly hefting the kids in the wagon, I saw an unopened can of Bud Light by the side of the road. I knew that was a sign that it was time for me to break out my Bavarian Meatball recipe, so I picked up the can and brought it home. Today Ryan threw it all in the crock pot and we had it for dinner. We LOVE this recipe. BTW- Did I mention that Ryan is off for 12 days straight?! Yeah for us!

Ingredients:

Frozen Italian meatballs (About 20-25)

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 envelope onion soup mix

1 can of beer or nonalcoholic beer

Optional hoagie buns and Swiss cheese

Directions:

In a crock pot combine all above ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Can be served with toothpicks as an appetizer or served on hoagie buns sprinkled with Swiss cheese. Broil in oven until cheese is melted.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh that sounds so good. Good thing you found the beer and not a kid. Lucky you get to see your husband and get some things done cause I know Ryan wouldnt want to be bored. I well have to try that food sometime I love crock pot ideas...Annie