Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Infamous Spray Bottle

The spray bottle at our house is basically a member of the family. These are a dollar at Walmart, and have given my kids hours of entertainment. It's funny I haven't bought more than one. The pictures below demonstrate one of it's uses.

The girls get up in the morning and play "beauty shop" in their room, which consists of spraying their hair with the spray bottle, and then plastering it (think greasy) with my bottle of conditioning cream.

By afternoon they are spraying the walls, their toys, and yes even the t.v at times (much to my chagrin) as they "clean" for me. They use up most of their clean rags in the bathroom to accomplish this task.

As you can see by night time they have taken to spraying each other in the bathtub with it.

They have also used it in not so conventional ways, like when I filled it with water and food coloring, and they sprayed the snow pink and made "pink food" in my empty plant holder. Then dad wonders why he is always finding spoons outside....well they have to be able to stir their "food" right?

The reason I remembered to post about this is because I got a 6 a.m. wakeup call from Gracie as she squirt me right in the face with the infamous water bottle. Of course, I took it from her and sprayed her back, and then told her that was rude and to get out of my room immediately. ;-)

Ryan wonders why I put up with chaos like this at our house. My reply, "Cheap entertainment means more mom time for me!" Yes I am a selfish person!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember fighting over who gets the spray bottle.
She sprayed you in the face?! Oh wow. Talk about a rude awakening.

Spray bottles do make great toys though. Cheaper than squirt guns, they last longer than them and they have a ton of different uses. Like watering your little brother in the tub, for example.

JACK!E said...

They have come up with tons of activities with the spray bottle. Gavin loves getting drinks from ours!

Jenn Lunt said...

thats so funny, whenever I am cleaning brynn has to get a spray bottle to help me, which ends up being more work for me, but sometimes I say whatever makes her happy. (as long as its not dangerous, or consuming her weight in candy!)