
So the pictures are small and annoying--I do like the one that shows the Draper temple in the background though. Ryan, the kids, and I went to the Oquirrh temple open house back in July. I thought it was very cozy inside. There was a lot of brown, which made it seem warm and inviting. There was also a lot of huge, beautiful flower arrangements---which I just love. Anyway, on Sunday Ryan was kind enough to stay home with the kids while I went to the temple dedication. It was so awesome! The spirit was so strong! Whenever you go into a temple you can just feel the spirit. It is so obvious that temple work is true and important. I remember driving home from the Provo temple one evening (before we had kids of course) --- I was alone (Ryan was at work) and my mind got off on celebrities. I started thinking about how some people supposedly have it all, and yet they have so little really. It just made me feel humble and grateful to be apart of the gospel.
President Monson said something that stood out to me. Just paraphrasing he said..."We have a room in our home for eating, a room for sleeping and a room for recreation....but do we have room in our home for the Savior? We have time in our lives for golfing, time for surfing the internet, time for shopping, but do we have time for the Savior?" That is a rough draft of what he said, but the message to me was----take time for spiritual things such as temple attendance.
4 comments:
Oh yes it was so wonderful of course me and Rachel both were at different churches sitting next to an empty chair we should have went together...Annie
Ok so when are we going? We can get my mom and Lisa too.
Beautiful message.
What a thought provoking message.
It is SO TRUE!
Mom
Post a Comment