Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Annual Campout

I say annual, because at the most we go camping annually. We have gone about 4-5 times in our whole marriage. Isn't that sad? We both really love camping too, but you know how time just flies and it doesn't happen. Anyway, we went with Ryan's parents for a few nights up on Skyline Drive. It was so pretty. There were some campers that spotted a bear right in the middle of the trail where we went four wheeling. There were a bunch of cows too. Zuka really wanted to play with the baby cows, but the mama cows didn't like that very much! We went to Gooseberry lake. We saw a black snake and Ava got a leach on her. Not to mention all the MUD!

Grandma always has good food.....who would be prepared enough to have waffle cones on a camping trip? She is such a great grammie!

4 comments:

FOREVER YOUNGblood said...

You have such a cute family. I love that area. I have property kinda close to that area. well maybe not close but around there. lol

JACK!E said...

Poor Ava getting a leach on her. I would die! That is the cutest picture ever of you and Ava. Gary and I have been married 6yrs and never been camping {not by his choice} so you're ahead of the game compared to us. :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE that pic of you
and Ava. You and Ry always do so
many memory making events for your
kids.Love you...

Mom

Cammy Patton said...

I love the mud pictures! What fun is camping if you can't get dirty :)