Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Happy 28th!

I decided I had my happiest birthday ever this year. Ryan was surprised when I told him that, but the truth is as our kids get older life just seems to get more fun and more enjoyable. Harder too, but in a good way. I wouldn't trade any of it. I feel so blessed!

What went on:
1. The kids woke me up 2 hours later than normal and gave me their presents (Ava-an empty toilet paper roll, Gracie-a book of stickers Grandma had just given her).
2. Go upstairs to the smell of bacon, hash browns, sausage, and toast.
3. Sit through breakfast while Ryan repeatedly tries to get the kids to stop begging me to share my meal. ( I always cave in and shared more than half my meal)
4. Watch conference.
5. Die eggs.
6. Go to Walmart to get my Easter bunny supplies.
7. Take kids to Cabellas to look at the dead animals and wander around. All the while wiping Ryan's drool as we look at 4 wheeler accessories, huge mounted elk, and gun safes.
8. Go to JCW's for dinner.
9. Go to Cold Stone for dessert. Scold Ava for mooning people coming in the door at Cold Stone (she claims she didn't know her butt was hanging out).
10. Listen to the family sing 'Happy Birthday' to me on the way home.
11. Put kids in bed and read 'Matilda' to the girls while they fall asleep.
12. Take a bath while reading 'Daughters of Shame'. Another great book from Dana. It is about honor-based violence, arranged marriages, and such.
13. Beg Ryan to come to bed early so I can snuggle up to his back and keep warm. Bed by 9.

5 comments:

JACK!E said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great one! I wish I shared half of my meals, maybe I would lose weight then. I was sitting on Gav's bed yesterday and looked at my profile in his mirror and almost died!!! I have never seen anything like it. Depressing! or motivating I guess. We've never been to Cabellas but we want to. Gary just got a stand up gun safe a week or two ago. He is in love. That sounds like a book I might have to read. Cute pictures of the kids! Did you take them? That first picture of Gracie reminds me of Brynlee.

Cammy Patton said...

Sounds like a perfect birthday. I've never had to scold a child for mooning someone in public... too funny :)! But that doesn't mean I haven't scolded Jed. :) Such a joke - I think. Love the pictures of your children. Adorable!

Angela said...

Oh their pictures are so cute. I love the empty toilet paper gift.

Ms. Annika said...

Great to hear you had such a great birthday! Hope number 28 is a great year for you and your family.

HatchFamily said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad it was a happy one. You have such a cute little family!