I have been working frantically trying to get this monster quilt done for my new nephew Learick! We got to go down on Friday and meet him. He is dark and ADORABLE! He is half Columbian and 1/8 Mexican. Love it!
 |
Ava and I had a great time combining a few different appliques to make
her a little monster girly. Gracie even pitched in and decided we could
use a whale spout for the pony tail. |
 |
| Learick Samuel Webber |
 |
| This is little Learick Samuel. Yes I'm looking divine aren't I? Hunchback don't have nothin' on me! |
 |
| The lady that sales the appliques names them. This is Humphrey. |
 |
| This is Spike. |
 |
This is Chunk the Cave Monster. He started out with two arms but wouldn't fit
so I had to perform surgery and get rid of one. It is tedious work sewing around every eye,
tooth, mouth etc... but it gives me time to just zone out and think. |
I made the quilt below for a darling girl that was just recently adopted from Bulgaria. I contacted her mom and she said she would adore having a little rag quilt for her. You can read about her story
here. You can also find more of the adorable applique patterns
here.
6 comments:
surgery on the rag quilt monster oh your so funny and the quilt is adorable
I saw Learick's quilt in person and it is beautiful. That cupcake one looks cute too. You are becoming quite the seamstress lately, good work Coa! Were you able to rescue that leopard outfit?
Those quilts are so beautiful. Way to go Rachel!
Such cute quilts. When do you have time to make those? ;) Great Job.
Love, love, love the rag quilts! Especially the monster one. So, I'm a dork and lost the address to your private blog. Can you e-mail it to me? :)
You are so talented Rach. You should go into business with them. I agree with Racheal's view,"when do you have time to make them?"Keep up the good work! My birthday is coming up. lol
Love, mom
Post a Comment