Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Yellowstone Part 2

I had an awesome idea to take my Ipad as our camera in Yellowstone. Most of the pics turned out bad! Thanks to Melody (our friend's 17-yr-old daughter) I am able to post more Yellowstone pics. She took all of these pictures. We had such a great time with the Callisters. They have 4 kids ages 17, 15, 13 and 11. They are all great kids and my kids just love them. Melody put together a family home evening on Monday and that was such a great experience for everyone to sit around our cozy cabin and discuss the gospel. I had Melody and Ashley in YW's and I love to watch them mature. They are great girls! We spent a lot of time just laughing and carrying on. The kids spent a lot of time in the hot tub as well. Ryan and I feel blessed to have Marc and Shauna as our friends in Tooele. 

We were only able to cover the West side of Yellowstone and I hope we can go back and cover the rest! Once we recover financially from the adoption and our house move that might be an option. Might being the key word. 

Rare white elk. About 1 in 6,000. Or was it 60,000? Anyway it's rare.

The first of many many buffalo. 






No we don't take tutus camping, if you can call this camping. The girls found this one in a closet.



The Callister kids were so good to play with our kids. They are awesome teenagers. Love them!















Good Ol' Faithful


Ryan, Ava, Marc, Ashley


JJ after a very long hike in which he was packed on daddy's back the whole time.


Me looking entirely too scary/chubby and my great friend Shauna.

The crew after our horse ride with the guides.

Mel and Gracie at Mammoth Springs.


Aw! Love when they get along!

Ava and Chelby

Breck and Ryan


The "Grand Canyon of Yellowstone".

Marc and Ryan

Ryan in his usual spot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol it seems like Gracie has always been such a model and now Ava too!