Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Banana Pudding Squares

Ingredients:
30 Nilla wafers, finely crushed
3 Tb melted butter
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip
3 medium, ripe bananas
milk for pudding (check package directions)
2 pkg(1 6 oz, 1 3 oz) Jell-O vanilla pudding mix

Directions:
Mix wafers and butter together, and press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Blend cream cheese and powdered sugar together until well blended. Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip. Spoon mixture evenly onto crust; spread carefully. Cut bananas into slices; arrange bananas on top of cream cheese mixture. Prepare pudding according to package directions. Spoon pudding over bananas. Refrigerate for one hour, and then spread remaining Cool Whip on top. Refrigerate an additional two hours.

** The original version is actually a low fat one. Low fat wafers, reduced fat cream cheese, fat free Cool Whip and low fat pudding. We tried this and it actually tasted really good. You can try it either way you want! This is one of the dessert recipes that we really love. It tastes even better than it sounds.**

No comments: