Last night I was doing so good. I had read my scriptures, worked on my blog, did my homework and even managed to squeeze in a big, fat, gooey brownie, not hard, anyway I was just about to shut down for the night and jump in the shower; well at the same time a car up on Coleman road hit a telephone pole (HELLO!?!) and knocked my power out. SHOOT! So the first thing I hear is Gracie scream. Not surprising. So I made my way into her room and grabbed her. I made my way into the kitchen and grabbed some matches. I lit about five matches trying to find a stinkin flashlight! Well the kids have run down the batteries in both of our flashlights. So we made our way downstairs where I proceeded to tear apart my basement. I knew the only two candles in my house were in one of my "Christmas" tubs. So here I am ripping open tubs, striking a match to see if I have the right tub, putting the matches in my pocket after they burn out. I thought there is no way I am leaving these matches on the floor to catch something on fire. Luckily they didn't catch my pants on fire. I guess that way I could have demonstrated the stop, drop and roll Gracie just learned at the fire station. Anyway so I finally found the two candles and we went upstairs. All the while I am cursing Ryan for buying me a candle warmer for Valentines Day. What good does a candle warmer do in a power outage? LOL! I knew Gracie wouldn't sleep in her bed without the night light on so I told her she could sleep with me. Luckily Ryan was working nights. The good part was it didn't seem to affect Breck or Ava. But it was COLD in the morning. The power didn't come back on until 10a.m or so. We had to eat breakfast by candlelight, romantic I know. Anyway once again, within the past three months, I am really thankful for electricity.
Quotable Quote
" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Got Lights?
Last night I was doing so good. I had read my scriptures, worked on my blog, did my homework and even managed to squeeze in a big, fat, gooey brownie, not hard, anyway I was just about to shut down for the night and jump in the shower; well at the same time a car up on Coleman road hit a telephone pole (HELLO!?!) and knocked my power out. SHOOT! So the first thing I hear is Gracie scream. Not surprising. So I made my way into her room and grabbed her. I made my way into the kitchen and grabbed some matches. I lit about five matches trying to find a stinkin flashlight! Well the kids have run down the batteries in both of our flashlights. So we made our way downstairs where I proceeded to tear apart my basement. I knew the only two candles in my house were in one of my "Christmas" tubs. So here I am ripping open tubs, striking a match to see if I have the right tub, putting the matches in my pocket after they burn out. I thought there is no way I am leaving these matches on the floor to catch something on fire. Luckily they didn't catch my pants on fire. I guess that way I could have demonstrated the stop, drop and roll Gracie just learned at the fire station. Anyway so I finally found the two candles and we went upstairs. All the while I am cursing Ryan for buying me a candle warmer for Valentines Day. What good does a candle warmer do in a power outage? LOL! I knew Gracie wouldn't sleep in her bed without the night light on so I told her she could sleep with me. Luckily Ryan was working nights. The good part was it didn't seem to affect Breck or Ava. But it was COLD in the morning. The power didn't come back on until 10a.m or so. We had to eat breakfast by candlelight, romantic I know. Anyway once again, within the past three months, I am really thankful for electricity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment