Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Our Favorite Recipes

I decided that on our blog I am going to share a recipe once a week. Every one of the recipes I put up is actually something that we have made, and really like. I hate when you get a recipe book, and there are really only a few worth trying, or a few that you can actually understand the ingredients. So I hope you guys find some of these recipes yummy too. I am also compiling our recipes to give out as Christmas gifts, (supposed to be done in 2007, but I am shooting for 2008 now,) so don't be surprised if you see these recipes again in the future.

Turkey (or chicken) Tetrazzini:

Ingredients:
8 oz. spaghetti
5 Tb margarine
6 Tb flour
3 cups chicken or turkey broth
1 cup half and half cream
1 tsp salt
1 cup fresh or canned mushrooms
5 Tb minced, red bell pepper
3 cups cut turkey (or chicken)
1/2 cup Parmasen cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
Cook spaghetti Al Dente. Melt butter in separate pan; blend in flour; stir in broth and cream. Cook until thick and bubbly. Add salt, mushrooms, pepper, Parmasen, turkey (chicken,) and drained spaghetti. Transfer to casserole dish and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Top with shredded cheese, and bake an additional 10 minutes.

*Courtesy of Ryan's Mom*


No comments: