Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Spaghetti Squash W/ Cheese N' Croutons

Ingredients:

1 (about 3 lb) spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise
1-1/2 cup garlic-onion croutons (or any croutons that are garlic flavored)
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
3 Tb minced garlic
2 tsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 (about 2 lb) head cauliflower, trimmed into small pieces
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt and pepper each
3 Tb parsley flakes

Directions:

Place squash, cut side down, in a large microwavable dish. Microwave about 15-18 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, combine the croutons and cheese in a bowl; set aside. Heat the oil in a medium sized pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden. Add the bell pepper and cook until softened. Add the cauliflower, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer, cover and cook until cauliflower is tender. Turn the squash cut side up and let cool slightly. With a fork scrape out the pulp/seeds. Fluff up squash with a fork until spaghetti-like consistency is achieved. Add cauliflower mix on top and top with cheese/crouton mix. Microwave an additional 30 seconds to melt cheese a bit. Enjoy!

This recipe is really good. I am not one of these people that eats bran for breakfast and loads of veggies for dinner, so don't get me wrong, BUT this really has a great taste to it.

No comments: