Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Monday, March 22, 2010

Miscommunication = Disneyland

I don't know about you gals (I'm assuming guys never read my blog) but Ryan and I seem to have some communication problems here and there in our marriage. I think I am right. He thinks he is right. Who is right? ME. But oh well right?

So Gracie happened to mention the bounce house to Ryan and he acted like this was not something we had agreed on. He said "I would rather pay for Disneyland than pack a bounce house around!!!! It will always be you saying Go ask dad to set it up if you want to jump." I agreed and told him that was the beauty of a bounce house. Pawn it off on Ryan and then have him do his dad thing and jump with the kids. So I told Gracie "Well it looks like we are going to Disneyland instead." She was actually disappointed for a few minutes (until I profusely reminded her that I didn't even know what Disneyland was as a kid let alone a bounce house....kids are spoiled aren't they?) but man have the girls warmed up to the idea. They want to pack already, but we won't be going til the end of April and I actually need clothes for them to wear in the meantime.

I have been looking up the rides on Youtube to try and keep the girls occupied while we wait. I found this ONE of the Pirates ride and was SO pleasantly surprised to see Johnny Depp himself riding the ride. He looks good. Eye candy for me...maybe you won't agree. So anyway if you are bored click on the word "one" and watch the first minute of this video to behold the lovely view.

Anyway, so Ryan's sister Marianne was kind enough to come over (being the Disney vacation guru that she is) and help us plan the whole thing. What a relief! We are going through Costco travel which will save us some money. The only two things I care about is a pool at the hotel and having breakfast with the princesses and we get both, so I am happy!

We are driving which I said I would NEVER do, but we will stop in Vegas the first night and it shouldn't be too bad. I want to get the Junie B. Jones book on CD for the way down. I think the girls will enjoy that. Prepare yourself for a long oration when I get back....this was long enough and we haven't even left the house.

By the way it looks like G & A will get to ride pretty much everything (even space mountain) so that is great. The pregnant lady and the 2 year old will have to sit some of it out.

3 comments:

FOREVER YOUNGblood said...

Where is the "one" to click on??? I want to see Jonny Depp oh I mean the ride. He is nice eye candy. mmmmm. k enough, we are going in sept. I haven't been since I was 15 and that was the only time I ever went. So instead of a ten year marriage get away for me we are taking the kids. I think I would be more relaxed taking them. Weird I know. Let me know how it is staying in vegas with the kids. I know Cali is 10 hours from here. I did the whole trip last august. long ride. I think I will just go straight through but leave very very early so my kids will sleep. anyways good luck!

Racheal said...

Well I think Disney land will be a lot funner than an Bouncy house. It's true that you won't have to keep putting it together. ;) And the kids will always remember the Disney land vacation.

My sister told me that when she was flying here with her 3 kids without her husband she went to the dollar store and picked up a couple things that the kids could do when they were traveling. She had them all wrapped in paper and when they got bored and she thought they needed something else to do they got a little present and worked on that for a little while. She said that it worked.

I drove to California and stopping in Vegas is a good idea. It's such a long drive once you get pasted Vegas.
Have fun

JACK!E said...

I agree with you about Johnny Depp! The girls will LOVE it! Too bad Breck is too young to remember much of the trip. Ashley W is going the end of April sometime too. Have fun driving...:|