Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Belated Mother's Day

So I decided not to carry on in this post about how great my mother's day was, because frankly it wasn't that great! ha ha. It was ok. I mean it was fabulous as far as feeling grateful to be a mother and have healthy children and to stop and remember how much my own mother has sacrificed for her children. But as far as gifts and celebrating go....not so much! And that's ok. I feel like we just have so many holidays to spend money on it is ridiculous! And does all that stuff really matter?

So the real reason for this post is to journal what's been on my mind about the Savior. The other night we were reading a scripture story to the kids about Christ's crucifixion and got to the part (John 19: 25-27) where the Savior is on the cross and turns to John and tells him to take care of Mary his mother. I was really touched by that simple act of selflessness. I made a point to explain to the girls that even though Jesus was in horrifying agony he still made a point to make sure his mother was taken care of when he died! What a great example to each one of us. If you think about it each one of us is pretty selfish. When I am in pain all I can think about is me me me. I am so grateful for the Savior's perfect example of compassion and kindness. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Angela said...

This reminds me of the video we played for the YW on utube called Do you have room for the Savior? I know if we make time for him threw reading scriptures and doing good for others we can be more like him

Cammy Patton said...

Tis true... I love that tenderness and selflessness.

Leila said...

I love getting to keep up with all of you on your blog. You are a fantastic mom and I'm so proud of you! I love you tons!