Quotable Quote


" I bend to sweep crumbs and I bend to wipe vomit and I bend to pick up
little ones and wipe away tears... And at the end of these days I bend next to
the bed and I ask only that I could bend more, bend lower. Because I serve a
Savior who came to be a servant. He lived bent low. And bent down here is where I see His face. And people say, “Don’t you get tired?” and yes, I do. But I’m face to face with Jesus in the dirt, and the more I bend the harder and better and fuller this life gets. And sure, we are tired, but oh we are happy. Because bent down low is where we find fullness
of Joy.” ― Katie J.Davis

Friday, September 14, 2012

Shanghai Silk

So the kids favorite world traveler (i,e. Dad) brought them home some traditional clothing from Shanghai China. Silk is so common in China that the outfits were only about five dollars each. Breck's was a tad small. He had worn it to bed and that's why it's not pictured below. Daddy also brought home chopsticks for each child with their Chinese zodiac animal on it, and  a family set as well. Also, some Chinese money. I hesitate to mention the size "large" nightgown he brought home for me. Um, let's just say large in America and large in China are two different things. If anyone that is roughly 100 pounds wants it be my guest. But the beautiful blue and white silk scarf has been used several times already. I feel so blessed to have Ryan getting a little bit of culture under his belt so he can share it with us. Hopefully some day we can join him on an adventure or two.



Ava trying to get Jesse to calm down and look at mom. Breck and Gracie horribly unamused and ready to head to church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys so much. Mostly you though! :) We have to get together before the baby is too big, you need one to snuggle! Love ya. Ash